During the period 6-13 July 2019, the students of the IHU MSc in Bioeconomy: Biotechnology and Law, had the unique opportunity to visit the beautiful city of Ghent, as well as other cities of Belgium, such as Brussels and Antwerp.
The BioContact Training included:
- Guidance by the biosafety experts of Perseus company in the research facilities of various Institutes, Universities and Research Centers.
- Training by renowned academics and biosafety officers in biosafety subjects and laboratory quality control.
- Attendance of several lectures on biosafety measurements by experts from Belgium and the Netherlands.
- Visit of the laboratories and research facilities of the University of Ghent, the free University of Brussels and the Institute of Tropical Medicine in Antwerp.
- Visit of the animal experiment facilities of the University of Ghent, making students familiar with all the procedures in place to protect animal welfare, human health and the environment.
- Presentation with outmost success of students’ semester assignments in front of an audience of biotechnology academics and professionals, impressing them with the structure and quality of the essays and presentations.
- A warm welcome by the Greek ambassador and the Greek delegation in Brussels, where they talked about the work flow of the EC, the decision making processes in the European Parliament, and their experiences as students of the MSc in Bioeconomy: Biotechnology and Law.
See the photo gallery below: